DREAM THE DREAM
PLAN THE DREAM
LIVE THE DREAM
MISSION STATEMENT – MAIN STREET – WOODLAND PARK, CO
Enhance the quality of life in Woodland Park by engaging the community in historic preservation, downtown revitalization and economic development by promoting a strong business climate.
All across Colorado, city after city and town after town enjoy the sweet success of a thriving downtown, catering to cultural tourists, second-home owners, and the local population. Obviously this success was not happenstance.
In most cases, it was a dream, planned and developed over a period of time. The effort put forth by dedicated local government, local business leaders, and concerned citizens has paid great dividends to the economic development of those towns and cities who envisioned a dream, planned their dream, and who now are living the dream.
To help fulfill the vision of becoming a true “creative” city and area, the City of Woodland Park is working to apply for CREATIVE ARTS DISTRICT and MAIN STREET designation. Obtaining “Creative Arts District/Main Street” designation will greatly enhance our opportunity to: (a) attract creative entrepreneurs and artists to our community, thus infusing new energy and innovation which will enhance economic and civic capital; (b) create hubs of economic activity which will make Woodland Park a place where people want to live, work and visit; (c) revitalize and beautify our community; (d) provide a focal point for celebrating and strengthening our unique identity; and (e) showcase our local cultural and artistic organizations, events and amenities.
Woodland Park is at the crossroads! Either we can be dreamers who let our dreams slip away into the darkness, or we can be dreamers who put out the effort to see that the dreams for Woodland Park come true. The challenge is to dream the dream, plan the dream, and then live the dream.
COME BE A PART OF THE WOODLAND PARK DREAM!
WHY DEVELOP A MASTER PLAN
Specifically a plan would:
- Improve quality of life for locals and second-home owners;
- Support efforts to bring new business and foot traffic to downtown;
- Stimulate economic development in the off-season;
- Add to Woodland Park’s identity and image.;
- Enhance the experience for tourists already in the area;
- Create a reason for tourists to stay longer and do more, even to schedule trips around particular local events.
Benefits and Impacts
- Increase seasonal tourism;
- Stabilize year-to-year tourism and tax dollars;
- Create a sense of regionalism (bring the county together);
- Enhance recreational and cultural options for tourists, second-home owners and locals;
- Make Woodland Park THE place to live and raise a family.